Steelcase, Whirlpool Top Furniture, Appliance Climate Ratings
Steelcase, Herman Miller and Masco lead the latest Climate Counts rating of furniture suppliers (above), while Whirlpool, LG, Bosch/Siemens and AB Electrolux lead the ratings for large appliances (below).
Steelcase and Whirlpool were the only suppliers to achieve a “striding” rating, with scores of 53 and 61, respectively. Companies are rated based on a scale of 1 to 100, with anything over 50 achieving the “striding” rating.
Both companies are based in Michigan, which Climate Counts said may bode well for the state, which has been hard hit by the decline of the U.S. automaking industry.
The ratings also show companies that are “starting” to make progress on addressing climate change in their operations, as well as those that are “stuck.”
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses