Steelcase, Whirlpool Top Furniture, Appliance Climate Ratings
Steelcase, Herman Miller and Masco lead the latest Climate Counts rating of furniture suppliers (above), while Whirlpool, LG, Bosch/Siemens and AB Electrolux lead the ratings for large appliances (below).
Steelcase and Whirlpool were the only suppliers to achieve a “striding” rating, with scores of 53 and 61, respectively. Companies are rated based on a scale of 1 to 100, with anything over 50 achieving the “striding” rating.
Both companies are based in Michigan, which Climate Counts said may bode well for the state, which has been hard hit by the decline of the U.S. automaking industry.
The ratings also show companies that are “starting” to make progress on addressing climate change in their operations, as well as those that are “stuck.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- New Wind Farm to Sell Power to Hawaii County Department of Water Supply
- Hybrid Gensets Can Help Solve a Big Problem for the Mining Industry
- Commercial Property Energy Use Down in San Francisco
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming