Steelcase, Whirlpool Top Furniture, Appliance Climate Ratings
Steelcase, Herman Miller and Masco lead the latest Climate Counts rating of furniture suppliers (above), while Whirlpool, LG, Bosch/Siemens and AB Electrolux lead the ratings for large appliances (below).
Steelcase and Whirlpool were the only suppliers to achieve a “striding” rating, with scores of 53 and 61, respectively. Companies are rated based on a scale of 1 to 100, with anything over 50 achieving the “striding” rating.
Both companies are based in Michigan, which Climate Counts said may bode well for the state, which has been hard hit by the decline of the U.S. automaking industry.
The ratings also show companies that are “starting” to make progress on addressing climate change in their operations, as well as those that are “stuck.”
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20