Steelcase, Whirlpool Top Furniture, Appliance Climate Ratings
Steelcase, Herman Miller and Masco lead the latest Climate Counts rating of furniture suppliers (above), while Whirlpool, LG, Bosch/Siemens and AB Electrolux lead the ratings for large appliances (below).
Steelcase and Whirlpool were the only suppliers to achieve a “striding” rating, with scores of 53 and 61, respectively. Companies are rated based on a scale of 1 to 100, with anything over 50 achieving the “striding” rating.
Both companies are based in Michigan, which Climate Counts said may bode well for the state, which has been hard hit by the decline of the U.S. automaking industry.
The ratings also show companies that are “starting” to make progress on addressing climate change in their operations, as well as those that are “stuck.”
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators