Paper, Cardboard Packagers Launch ‘Responsible Package’ Initiative
Fiber-based packaging firms are attempting to highlight sustainable aspects of their products via a new campaign, The Responsible Package. Meanwhile, a toy company has been honored for its corrugated box packaging.
The two hope to raise awareness about sustainable paper-based packaging that is made from renewable raw materials and recycled at high rates, according to a press release.
Green Toys and its packaging supplier, Unisource, were awarded a 2009 Greener Package Award for its 100 percent recylable corrugated box packaging that is used on a range of toys. Green Toys makes toys such as tea sets, trucks, sandbox play sets and jump ropes from recycled plastics and other environmentally friendly materials, according to a press release.
For a list of other Greener Package winners, click here.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion