Paper, Cardboard Packagers Launch ‘Responsible Package’ Initiative
Fiber-based packaging firms are attempting to highlight sustainable aspects of their products via a new campaign, The Responsible Package. Meanwhile, a toy company has been honored for its corrugated box packaging.
The two hope to raise awareness about sustainable paper-based packaging that is made from renewable raw materials and recycled at high rates, according to a press release.
Green Toys and its packaging supplier, Unisource, were awarded a 2009 Greener Package Award for its 100 percent recylable corrugated box packaging that is used on a range of toys. Green Toys makes toys such as tea sets, trucks, sandbox play sets and jump ropes from recycled plastics and other environmentally friendly materials, according to a press release.
For a list of other Greener Package winners, click here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland