Paper, Cardboard Packagers Launch ‘Responsible Package’ Initiative
Fiber-based packaging firms are attempting to highlight sustainable aspects of their products via a new campaign, The Responsible Package. Meanwhile, a toy company has been honored for its corrugated box packaging.
The two hope to raise awareness about sustainable paper-based packaging that is made from renewable raw materials and recycled at high rates, according to a press release.
Green Toys and its packaging supplier, Unisource, were awarded a 2009 Greener Package Award for its 100 percent recylable corrugated box packaging that is used on a range of toys. Green Toys makes toys such as tea sets, trucks, sandbox play sets and jump ropes from recycled plastics and other environmentally friendly materials, according to a press release.
For a list of other Greener Package winners, click here.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike