Paper, Cardboard Packagers Launch ‘Responsible Package’ Initiative
Fiber-based packaging firms are attempting to highlight sustainable aspects of their products via a new campaign, The Responsible Package. Meanwhile, a toy company has been honored for its corrugated box packaging.
The two hope to raise awareness about sustainable paper-based packaging that is made from renewable raw materials and recycled at high rates, according to a press release.
Green Toys and its packaging supplier, Unisource, were awarded a 2009 Greener Package Award for its 100 percent recylable corrugated box packaging that is used on a range of toys. Green Toys makes toys such as tea sets, trucks, sandbox play sets and jump ropes from recycled plastics and other environmentally friendly materials, according to a press release.
For a list of other Greener Package winners, click here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System