Paper, Cardboard Packagers Launch ‘Responsible Package’ Initiative
Fiber-based packaging firms are attempting to highlight sustainable aspects of their products via a new campaign, The Responsible Package. Meanwhile, a toy company has been honored for its corrugated box packaging.
The two hope to raise awareness about sustainable paper-based packaging that is made from renewable raw materials and recycled at high rates, according to a press release.
Green Toys and its packaging supplier, Unisource, were awarded a 2009 Greener Package Award for its 100 percent recylable corrugated box packaging that is used on a range of toys. Green Toys makes toys such as tea sets, trucks, sandbox play sets and jump ropes from recycled plastics and other environmentally friendly materials, according to a press release.
For a list of other Greener Package winners, click here.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform