Greener Dawn Building Goes Carbon Neutral
After relocating to a building that takes advantage of natural ventilation to reduce heating and cooling bills, and purchasing carbon credits to offset other energy costs, Greener Dawn says that its corporate building in Solana Beach is “carbon neutral.”
By moving the headquarters to Solana Beach, Calif., Greener Dawn says it reduced total greenhouse gas emissions by 31.5 percent, while emissions from commuting fell 48.3 percent and the carbon intensity of the office decreased 81.2 percent. The remaining emissions are mitigated through the Solana Beach Appeal program.
To view Greener Dawn’s carbon footprint analysis report, click here (PDF).
Here is a closer look at the allocation of emissions, by office.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls