Greener Dawn Building Goes Carbon Neutral
After relocating to a building that takes advantage of natural ventilation to reduce heating and cooling bills, and purchasing carbon credits to offset other energy costs, Greener Dawn says that its corporate building in Solana Beach is “carbon neutral.”
By moving the headquarters to Solana Beach, Calif., Greener Dawn says it reduced total greenhouse gas emissions by 31.5 percent, while emissions from commuting fell 48.3 percent and the carbon intensity of the office decreased 81.2 percent. The remaining emissions are mitigated through the Solana Beach Appeal program.
To view Greener Dawn’s carbon footprint analysis report, click here (PDF).
Here is a closer look at the allocation of emissions, by office.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency