Greener Dawn Building Goes Carbon Neutral
After relocating to a building that takes advantage of natural ventilation to reduce heating and cooling bills, and purchasing carbon credits to offset other energy costs, Greener Dawn says that its corporate building in Solana Beach is “carbon neutral.”
By moving the headquarters to Solana Beach, Calif., Greener Dawn says it reduced total greenhouse gas emissions by 31.5 percent, while emissions from commuting fell 48.3 percent and the carbon intensity of the office decreased 81.2 percent. The remaining emissions are mitigated through the Solana Beach Appeal program.
To view Greener Dawn’s carbon footprint analysis report, click here (PDF).
Here is a closer look at the allocation of emissions, by office.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works