Greener Dawn Building Goes Carbon Neutral
After relocating to a building that takes advantage of natural ventilation to reduce heating and cooling bills, and purchasing carbon credits to offset other energy costs, Greener Dawn says that its corporate building in Solana Beach is “carbon neutral.”
By moving the headquarters to Solana Beach, Calif., Greener Dawn says it reduced total greenhouse gas emissions by 31.5 percent, while emissions from commuting fell 48.3 percent and the carbon intensity of the office decreased 81.2 percent. The remaining emissions are mitigated through the Solana Beach Appeal program.
To view Greener Dawn’s carbon footprint analysis report, click here (PDF).
Here is a closer look at the allocation of emissions, by office.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs