Clean Tech VC Funding On Rebound, Up 50% Since 2nd Quarter
Venture capital funding for the clean tech industry, beleaguered for most of the year, finally rebounded in the third quarter, according to figures from DowJones VentureSource, as analyzed by Ernst & Young LLP.
About $965 million in venture capital was committed to clean tech in the third quarter, up from $661 million the second quarter and just $341 million in the first quarter.
VC funding has not yet fully rebounded to 2008 levels. In the third quarter of 2008, VC funding for clean tech totaled $1.8 billion, or nearly double what was committed in the third quarter of 2009.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE