Clean Tech VC Funding On Rebound, Up 50% Since 2nd Quarter
Venture capital funding for the clean tech industry, beleaguered for most of the year, finally rebounded in the third quarter, according to figures from DowJones VentureSource, as analyzed by Ernst & Young LLP.
About $965 million in venture capital was committed to clean tech in the third quarter, up from $661 million the second quarter and just $341 million in the first quarter.
VC funding has not yet fully rebounded to 2008 levels. In the third quarter of 2008, VC funding for clean tech totaled $1.8 billion, or nearly double what was committed in the third quarter of 2009.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M