Clean Tech VC Funding On Rebound, Up 50% Since 2nd Quarter
Venture capital funding for the clean tech industry, beleaguered for most of the year, finally rebounded in the third quarter, according to figures from DowJones VentureSource, as analyzed by Ernst & Young LLP.
About $965 million in venture capital was committed to clean tech in the third quarter, up from $661 million the second quarter and just $341 million in the first quarter.
VC funding has not yet fully rebounded to 2008 levels. In the third quarter of 2008, VC funding for clean tech totaled $1.8 billion, or nearly double what was committed in the third quarter of 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report