Clean Tech VC Funding On Rebound, Up 50% Since 2nd Quarter
Venture capital funding for the clean tech industry, beleaguered for most of the year, finally rebounded in the third quarter, according to figures from DowJones VentureSource, as analyzed by Ernst & Young LLP.
About $965 million in venture capital was committed to clean tech in the third quarter, up from $661 million the second quarter and just $341 million in the first quarter.
VC funding has not yet fully rebounded to 2008 levels. In the third quarter of 2008, VC funding for clean tech totaled $1.8 billion, or nearly double what was committed in the third quarter of 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Drought Roils California Energy Landscape
- GRESB Report Shows Progress in Real Estate Energy Practices
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005