Clean Tech VC Funding On Rebound, Up 50% Since 2nd Quarter
Venture capital funding for the clean tech industry, beleaguered for most of the year, finally rebounded in the third quarter, according to figures from DowJones VentureSource, as analyzed by Ernst & Young LLP.
About $965 million in venture capital was committed to clean tech in the third quarter, up from $661 million the second quarter and just $341 million in the first quarter.
VC funding has not yet fully rebounded to 2008 levels. In the third quarter of 2008, VC funding for clean tech totaled $1.8 billion, or nearly double what was committed in the third quarter of 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
- Molson Coors Saves Money, Cuts Emissions With Onsite Power
- RMI Report Traces the Rise of the Battery
- North Carolina’s Clean Energy Sector Adds Jobs, Hikes Revenue
- New Transceivers Boost Energy Efficiency Up to 20%
- Two Universities Gain by Switching Heat from Steam to Hot Water
- BrandSmart Uses PACE Financing to Upgrade
- GE’s Current Offers Energy-as-a-Service