Protecting the Environment Leading Cause for Consumers
About 91 percent of consumers surveyed recently said that protecting the environment is the cause they personally care the most about.
That leads improving the quality of health care (89 percent) and reducing poverty (87 percent), according to the GoodPurpose study by Edelman.
In a related finding, 82 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to trust a company more for making progress on environmental initiatives. That was the seventh-ranking trust item, with the leading vote going to companies that trust their employees.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action