Protecting the Environment Leading Cause for Consumers
About 91 percent of consumers surveyed recently said that protecting the environment is the cause they personally care the most about.
That leads improving the quality of health care (89 percent) and reducing poverty (87 percent), according to the GoodPurpose study by Edelman.
In a related finding, 82 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to trust a company more for making progress on environmental initiatives. That was the seventh-ranking trust item, with the leading vote going to companies that trust their employees.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries