Protecting the Environment Leading Cause for Consumers
About 91 percent of consumers surveyed recently said that protecting the environment is the cause they personally care the most about.
That leads improving the quality of health care (89 percent) and reducing poverty (87 percent), according to the GoodPurpose study by Edelman.
In a related finding, 82 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to trust a company more for making progress on environmental initiatives. That was the seventh-ranking trust item, with the leading vote going to companies that trust their employees.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners