Protecting the Environment Leading Cause for Consumers
About 91 percent of consumers surveyed recently said that protecting the environment is the cause they personally care the most about.
That leads improving the quality of health care (89 percent) and reducing poverty (87 percent), according to the GoodPurpose study by Edelman.
In a related finding, 82 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to trust a company more for making progress on environmental initiatives. That was the seventh-ranking trust item, with the leading vote going to companies that trust their employees.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage