Biomass Plays Big Role in UK Renewable Energy Picture
As the UK pursues its goal for 20 percent of the commonwealth’s energy to come from renewable fuels by 2020, biomass is increasing in popularity, according to research from Verdantix.
While the market currently is dominated by utilities, if the government enacts feed-in tariffs for biomass generators in 2010, as expected, it will be more financially viable for the commercial sector to adopt, according to the “Smart Vendors Biomass Supply Chain” study.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight