Biomass Plays Big Role in UK Renewable Energy Picture
As the UK pursues its goal for 20 percent of the commonwealth’s energy to come from renewable fuels by 2020, biomass is increasing in popularity, according to research from Verdantix.
While the market currently is dominated by utilities, if the government enacts feed-in tariffs for biomass generators in 2010, as expected, it will be more financially viable for the commercial sector to adopt, according to the “Smart Vendors Biomass Supply Chain” study.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment