Biomass Plays Big Role in UK Renewable Energy Picture
As the UK pursues its goal for 20 percent of the commonwealth’s energy to come from renewable fuels by 2020, biomass is increasing in popularity, according to research from Verdantix.
While the market currently is dominated by utilities, if the government enacts feed-in tariffs for biomass generators in 2010, as expected, it will be more financially viable for the commercial sector to adopt, according to the “Smart Vendors Biomass Supply Chain” study.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20