Biomass Plays Big Role in UK Renewable Energy Picture
As the UK pursues its goal for 20 percent of the commonwealth’s energy to come from renewable fuels by 2020, biomass is increasing in popularity, according to research from Verdantix.
While the market currently is dominated by utilities, if the government enacts feed-in tariffs for biomass generators in 2010, as expected, it will be more financially viable for the commercial sector to adopt, according to the “Smart Vendors Biomass Supply Chain” study.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Direct Current Powers Building
- Honeywell Acquires Elster for $5.1B
- Business Services Firm Adds Energy Management to its Offerings
- Researchers Find a Way to Capture, Use Lost Solar Energy
- Ideal Power, KACO Converge Energy Storage, Solar
- Constellation Deploys Solar for Baltimore Ravens
- Franklin Energy Wins Contract for Wisconsin Load Limiting Program
- 80% of Businesses Choose Competitive Electricity Retailers in Deregulated Areas