DOE Invests $18M into Small Business Clean Energy Research
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is awarding $18 million in funding from the stimulus act to small businesses for the development and deployment of clean energy technologies and to help create new jobs, reports the Gov Monitor.
The first phase of funding will award 125 grants of up to $150,000 each to 107 small advanced technology firms across the United States. These companies were selected from 950 applicants that showed near-term commercialization and job creation.
Companies that demonstrate successful results will be eligible for $60 million in a second round of grants in the summer of 2010.
Grants were awarded in ten technology areas:
— Advanced Building Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Thermal Load Shifting, and Cool Roofs (15 projects, for up to $2,241,229 total)
— Water Usage in Electric Power Production (6 projects, for up to $878,144)
— Power Plant Cooling (1 project, $150,000)
— Advanced Gas Turbines and Materials (11 projects, for up to $1,637,033)
— Sensors, Controls, and Wireless Networks (12 projects, for up to $1,787,061)
— Advanced Water Power Technology Development (12 projects, for up to $1,747,259)
— Smart Controllers for Smart Grid Applications (8 projects, for up to $1,166,871)
— Advanced Solar Technologies (12 projects, for up to $2,783,996)
— Advanced Industrial Technologies Development (25 projects, for up to $3,709,564)
— Advanced Manufacturing Processes (16 projects, for up to $2,222,110)
Click here (PDF) for the complete list of awards.
The DOE also recently announced $620 million for smart-grid projects.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment