Pundit Ranks Retailers on Sustainability for Holidays
With the holiday shopping rush nearly upon us, an environmental pundit has released his list of the top 10 sustainable retailers for consumers to support this season.
Will Marre, CEO of REALeadership Alliance and author of “Save the World and Still Be Home For Dinner,” based his rankings on a company’s strategic integration of sustainability and “positive human impact.”
The companies are Gap, Kohl’s, Staples, REI, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Nike, Lowes, and Apple, according to a press release.
Apple, the last company on the list, does not fit the typical mold of a retailer, although it does have retail outlets. Marre said the reason he included Apple is because “the actual products they create are sustainability in action.”
Kohl’s is a more conventional choice, as it holds the No. 1 retail spot on the EPA’s Green Power purchasers list.
See more of Marre’s reasoning for his choices here.
Or, watch his video below.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works