Pundit Ranks Retailers on Sustainability for Holidays
With the holiday shopping rush nearly upon us, an environmental pundit has released his list of the top 10 sustainable retailers for consumers to support this season.
Will Marre, CEO of REALeadership Alliance and author of “Save the World and Still Be Home For Dinner,” based his rankings on a company’s strategic integration of sustainability and “positive human impact.”
The companies are Gap, Kohl’s, Staples, REI, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Nike, Lowes, and Apple, according to a press release.
Apple, the last company on the list, does not fit the typical mold of a retailer, although it does have retail outlets. Marre said the reason he included Apple is because “the actual products they create are sustainability in action.”
Kohl’s is a more conventional choice, as it holds the No. 1 retail spot on the EPA’s Green Power purchasers list.
See more of Marre’s reasoning for his choices here.
Or, watch his video below.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend