Pundit Ranks Retailers on Sustainability for Holidays
With the holiday shopping rush nearly upon us, an environmental pundit has released his list of the top 10 sustainable retailers for consumers to support this season.
Will Marre, CEO of REALeadership Alliance and author of “Save the World and Still Be Home For Dinner,” based his rankings on a company’s strategic integration of sustainability and “positive human impact.”
The companies are Gap, Kohlâ€™s, Staples, REI, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Nike, Lowes, and Apple, according to a press release.
Apple, the last company on the list, does not fit the typical mold of a retailer, although it does have retail outlets. Marre said the reason he included Apple is because “the actual products they create are sustainability in action.”
Kohl’s is a more conventional choice, as it holds the No. 1 retail spot on the EPA’s Green Power purchasers list.
See more of Marre’s reasoning for his choices here.
Or, watch his video below.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses