Pundit Ranks Retailers on Sustainability for Holidays
With the holiday shopping rush nearly upon us, an environmental pundit has released his list of the top 10 sustainable retailers for consumers to support this season.
Will Marre, CEO of REALeadership Alliance and author of “Save the World and Still Be Home For Dinner,” based his rankings on a company’s strategic integration of sustainability and “positive human impact.”
The companies are Gap, Kohl’s, Staples, REI, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Nike, Lowes, and Apple, according to a press release.
Apple, the last company on the list, does not fit the typical mold of a retailer, although it does have retail outlets. Marre said the reason he included Apple is because “the actual products they create are sustainability in action.”
Kohl’s is a more conventional choice, as it holds the No. 1 retail spot on the EPA’s Green Power purchasers list.
See more of Marre’s reasoning for his choices here.
Or, watch his video below.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project