Pundit Ranks Retailers on Sustainability for Holidays
With the holiday shopping rush nearly upon us, an environmental pundit has released his list of the top 10 sustainable retailers for consumers to support this season.
Will Marre, CEO of REALeadership Alliance and author of “Save the World and Still Be Home For Dinner,” based his rankings on a company’s strategic integration of sustainability and “positive human impact.”
The companies are Gap, Kohl’s, Staples, REI, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Nike, Lowes, and Apple, according to a press release.
Apple, the last company on the list, does not fit the typical mold of a retailer, although it does have retail outlets. Marre said the reason he included Apple is because “the actual products they create are sustainability in action.”
Kohl’s is a more conventional choice, as it holds the No. 1 retail spot on the EPA’s Green Power purchasers list.
See more of Marre’s reasoning for his choices here.
Or, watch his video below.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations