Enova, Freightliner To Launch Electric Delivery Vehicles in 2010
Enova Systems Inc. and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. say they expect to roll out their all-electric delivery vehicles in 2010.
One of the prototypes, based on Freightliner’s MT-45 walk-in van chassis, would offer a payload of 10,000 pounds. Conventional versions of the MT-45 already are in use at numerous corporations.
Enova Chief Operating Officer John Mullins said that demonstrations of the MT-45 electric prototype have yielded “extremely enthusiastic” responses from customers.
The smaller all-electric Ford Transit Connect van also is expected to be introduced to the U.S. and Canadian markets in 2010.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem