Enova, Freightliner To Launch Electric Delivery Vehicles in 2010
Enova Systems Inc. and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. say they expect to roll out their all-electric delivery vehicles in 2010.
One of the prototypes, based on Freightliner’s MT-45 walk-in van chassis, would offer a payload of 10,000 pounds. Conventional versions of the MT-45 already are in use at numerous corporations.
Enova Chief Operating Officer John Mullins said that demonstrations of the MT-45 electric prototype have yielded “extremely enthusiastic” responses from customers.
The smaller all-electric Ford Transit Connect van also is expected to be introduced to the U.S. and Canadian markets in 2010.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management