Enova, Freightliner To Launch Electric Delivery Vehicles in 2010
Enova Systems Inc. and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. say they expect to roll out their all-electric delivery vehicles in 2010.
One of the prototypes, based on Freightliner’s MT-45 walk-in van chassis, would offer a payload of 10,000 pounds. Conventional versions of the MT-45 already are in use at numerous corporations.
Enova Chief Operating Officer John Mullins said that demonstrations of the MT-45 electric prototype have yielded “extremely enthusiastic” responses from customers.
The smaller all-electric Ford Transit Connect van also is expected to be introduced to the U.S. and Canadian markets in 2010.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store