Enova, Freightliner To Launch Electric Delivery Vehicles in 2010
Enova Systems Inc. and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. say they expect to roll out their all-electric delivery vehicles in 2010.
One of the prototypes, based on Freightliner’s MT-45 walk-in van chassis, would offer a payload of 10,000 pounds. Conventional versions of the MT-45 already are in use at numerous corporations.
Enova Chief Operating Officer John Mullins said that demonstrations of the MT-45 electric prototype have yielded “extremely enthusiastic” responses from customers.
The smaller all-electric Ford Transit Connect van also is expected to be introduced to the U.S. and Canadian markets in 2010.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund