Enova, Freightliner To Launch Electric Delivery Vehicles in 2010
Enova Systems Inc. and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. say they expect to roll out their all-electric delivery vehicles in 2010.
One of the prototypes, based on Freightliner’s MT-45 walk-in van chassis, would offer a payload of 10,000 pounds. Conventional versions of the MT-45 already are in use at numerous corporations.
Enova Chief Operating Officer John Mullins said that demonstrations of the MT-45 electric prototype have yielded “extremely enthusiastic” responses from customers.
The smaller all-electric Ford Transit Connect van also is expected to be introduced to the U.S. and Canadian markets in 2010.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform