COP 15 December 15 Press Briefing
In a joint press briefing, COP 15 President Connie Hedegaard and UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer stressed that talks have reached an important phase, with the High Level Segment of the conference about to begin.
Hedegaard said that in order to achieve the desired success, Ministers must be extremely busy and focused over the next 48 hours.
While Ministers have now got down to serious work, de Boer pointed out that there is an enormous amount of ground still to be covered. Ministers have been consulting until late into the night on crunch issues that include emission reduction targets, developing country actions and long-term finance.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works