COP 15 December 15 Press Briefing
In a joint press briefing, COP 15 President Connie Hedegaard and UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer stressed that talks have reached an important phase, with the High Level Segment of the conference about to begin.
Hedegaard said that in order to achieve the desired success, Ministers must be extremely busy and focused over the next 48 hours.
While Ministers have now got down to serious work, de Boer pointed out that there is an enormous amount of ground still to be covered. Ministers have been consulting until late into the night on crunch issues that include emission reduction targets, developing country actions and long-term finance.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities