COP 15 December 15 Press Briefing
In a joint press briefing, COP 15 President Connie Hedegaard and UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer stressed that talks have reached an important phase, with the High Level Segment of the conference about to begin.
Hedegaard said that in order to achieve the desired success, Ministers must be extremely busy and focused over the next 48 hours.
While Ministers have now got down to serious work, de Boer pointed out that there is an enormous amount of ground still to be covered. Ministers have been consulting until late into the night on crunch issues that include emission reduction targets, developing country actions and long-term finance.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations