COP 15 December 15 Press Briefing
In a joint press briefing, COP 15 President Connie Hedegaard and UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer stressed that talks have reached an important phase, with the High Level Segment of the conference about to begin.
Hedegaard said that in order to achieve the desired success, Ministers must be extremely busy and focused over the next 48 hours.
While Ministers have now got down to serious work, de Boer pointed out that there is an enormous amount of ground still to be covered. Ministers have been consulting until late into the night on crunch issues that include emission reduction targets, developing country actions and long-term finance.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland