COP 15 December 15 Press Briefing
In a joint press briefing, COP 15 President Connie Hedegaard and UNFCCC Executive Secretary Yvo de Boer stressed that talks have reached an important phase, with the High Level Segment of the conference about to begin.
Hedegaard said that in order to achieve the desired success, Ministers must be extremely busy and focused over the next 48 hours.
While Ministers have now got down to serious work, de Boer pointed out that there is an enormous amount of ground still to be covered. Ministers have been consulting until late into the night on crunch issues that include emission reduction targets, developing country actions and long-term finance.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store