Business Leaders Launch TV Ads Supporting Energy, Climate Legislation
We Can Lead, a network of 150 U.S. companies and business leaders, have put in motion a $1 million television advertising campaign in support of comprehensive energy and climate legislation.
We Can Lead’s ads are funded by the Clean Economy Network Inc. and Ceres‘ Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP). BICEP member companies include Nike, Starbucks, Sun MicroSystems, Levi Strauss, eBay, Jones Lang LaSalle and others.
The first ad features David Vieau, President and CEO of A123 Systems, which is building an advanced lithium ion batteries and battery systems manufacturing plant in Michigan.
In the ad, Vieau says, “With so many Americans out of work, we can’t afford the same old energy bill. … Tell the Senate to pass a strong energy and climate bill — because this isn’t about politics, it’s about people.”
We Can Lead plans additional ads, although it did not specify which business leaders would be featured in future spots.
In addition to TV markets including Washington, D.C., the ad also is in rotation on YouTube.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland