Web Leading Channel for Cause Marketing
Consumers who have supported cause marketing efforts are most likely to respond to communications via e-mail, Web sites and social media networks, according to a study from Cone Research.
While many are willing to voice their support for causes, just 18 percent report having backed up their support with a donation, according to the 2009 Cone Consumer New Media Study (registration required).
About 39 percent said they feared their money would not actually help the cause, suggesting a disconnect.
About 22 percent have supported causes related to the environment, which falls behind animal welfare (29 percent), health and disease (28 percent) and education (23 percent).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings
- IBM Tests Heat-Pump Cooling of Data Centers
- Bosch, Toyota Join CalCharge Energy Storage Effort
- CHP Projects Increase in the UK
- Building Retrofitted with Air-Duct Delivery System for Roof-top Units
- Refurbished Air Coils Save Energy for Four Seasons Hotel
- Trane Expands Series of Cold Generator Scroll Chillers
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water