Web Leading Channel for Cause Marketing
Consumers who have supported cause marketing efforts are most likely to respond to communications via e-mail, Web sites and social media networks, according to a study from Cone Research.
While many are willing to voice their support for causes, just 18 percent report having backed up their support with a donation, according to the 2009 Cone Consumer New Media Study (registration required).
About 39 percent said they feared their money would not actually help the cause, suggesting a disconnect.
About 22 percent have supported causes related to the environment, which falls behind animal welfare (29 percent), health and disease (28 percent) and education (23 percent).
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform