South Jersey Industries Adds Solar at 2 Sites
South Jersey Industries has added more than 700 kilowatts worth of solar generating capacity at two of its facilities.
The utility has put a 50 kilowatt roof-mounted solar system at its Folsom, N.J., site, reports Press of Atlantic City. That 210-panel project is expected to generate 60,000 kilowatt hours of electricity a year, 100 percent of which will go into powering the building.
A larger solar array has gone into operation at its South Jersey Gas location in McKee City, N.J.
The 651 kilowatt ground-mounted array consists of 2,772 solar panels covering about two acres. The project is expected to generate about 886,000 kWh a year, reports Solar Industry Mag.
The panels were installed by South Jersey Industries subsidiary Marina Energy.
To read South Jersey Industries’ 2009 CSR report, click here (PDF).
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store