South Jersey Industries Adds Solar at 2 Sites
South Jersey Industries has added more than 700 kilowatts worth of solar generating capacity at two of its facilities.
The utility has put a 50 kilowatt roof-mounted solar system at its Folsom, N.J., site, reports Press of Atlantic City. That 210-panel project is expected to generate 60,000 kilowatt hours of electricity a year, 100 percent of which will go into powering the building.
A larger solar array has gone into operation at its South Jersey Gas location in McKee City, N.J.
The 651 kilowatt ground-mounted array consists of 2,772 solar panels covering about two acres. The project is expected to generate about 886,000 kWh a year, reports Solar Industry Mag.
The panels were installed by South Jersey Industries subsidiary Marina Energy.
To read South Jersey Industries’ 2009 CSR report, click here (PDF).
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners