South Jersey Industries Adds Solar at 2 Sites
South Jersey Industries has added more than 700 kilowatts worth of solar generating capacity at two of its facilities.
The utility has put a 50 kilowatt roof-mounted solar system at its Folsom, N.J., site, reports Press of Atlantic City. That 210-panel project is expected to generate 60,000 kilowatt hours of electricity a year, 100 percent of which will go into powering the building.
A larger solar array has gone into operation at its South Jersey Gas location in McKee City, N.J.
The 651 kilowatt ground-mounted array consists of 2,772 solar panels covering about two acres. The project is expected to generate about 886,000 kWh a year, reports Solar Industry Mag.
The panels were installed by South Jersey Industries subsidiary Marina Energy.
To read South Jersey Industries’ 2009 CSR report, click here (PDF).
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls