South Jersey Industries Adds Solar at 2 Sites
South Jersey Industries has added more than 700 kilowatts worth of solar generating capacity at two of its facilities.
The utility has put a 50 kilowatt roof-mounted solar system at its Folsom, N.J., site, reports Press of Atlantic City. That 210-panel project is expected to generate 60,000 kilowatt hours of electricity a year, 100 percent of which will go into powering the building.
A larger solar array has gone into operation at its South Jersey Gas location in McKee City, N.J.
The 651 kilowatt ground-mounted array consists of 2,772 solar panels covering about two acres. The project is expected to generate about 886,000 kWh a year, reports Solar Industry Mag.
The panels were installed by South Jersey Industries subsidiary Marina Energy.
To read South Jersey Industries’ 2009 CSR report, click here (PDF).
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps