Subway, Ruby Tuesday Get Energy Retrofits In Hawaii
Ruby Tuesday and Subway are performing energy retrofits at some of their Hawaiian locations, according to ZIBB.
The retrofits, which are being handled by Energy Efficiency Systems Group, will start in January.
The retrofits will address changes in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, large motors, refrigeration and lighting.
In 2007, Subway opened an eco-location prototype in Florida with high efficiency HVAC systems, remote condensing units for refrigeration and ice making equipment, day lighting and controls for high efficiency lighting, LED interior and exterior signs, low flow water fixtures, and building and decor materials from sustainable sources.
Energy Efficiency Systems Group also is handling an energy retrofit at the Westin South Coast Plaza in San Diego, according to a press release. The retrofit will be able to benefit from rebates by Southern California Edison, too. Other companies that Energy Efficiency Systems Group has worked with include Bell Canada, the Fairmont Hotel in Washington, D.C., the Palm Springs Hilton Hotel and the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Costa Mesa, Calif.
Companies don’t have to hire an outside agency to help them reduce energy use. For 16 tips that most any business can incorporate, click here.
As another example, exit signs using LEDs can save up to 90 percent in energy costs.
If the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) has its way, all new buildings would be about 30 percent more energy efficient. The IECC is considering adopting new building codes for commercial and residential buildings.
Energy Manager News
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED