BevMo! to Save $1M a Year After Lighting Retrofit
BevMo!, a West Coast beverage retailer, expects to save $1 million a year across 90 locations after completing a lighting retrofit.
BevMo! expects to save 51 percent in energy use and reduce lighting maintenance costs by almost half.
The retailer also was able to take advantage of $300,000 in utility rebates, according to a press release.
The installation of electronic high intensity discharge (EHID) lighting was completed in late 2009.
BevMo! replaced thousands of 250 watt magnetic HID fixtures with 150 watt EHID fixtures, which are able to maintain the same lighting saturation at a lower energy point. Metrolight and West-Lite Supply Co. handled the retrofit.
BevMo! indicated that it planned to use the new lighting scheme for future stores, as well.
Retrofitting of lighting systems is one of 16 tips for small businesses to save energy.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion