BevMo! to Save $1M a Year After Lighting Retrofit
BevMo!, a West Coast beverage retailer, expects to save $1 million a year across 90 locations after completing a lighting retrofit.
BevMo! expects to save 51 percent in energy use and reduce lighting maintenance costs by almost half.
The retailer also was able to take advantage of $300,000 in utility rebates, according to a press release.
The installation of electronic high intensity discharge (EHID) lighting was completed in late 2009.
BevMo! replaced thousands of 250 watt magnetic HID fixtures with 150 watt EHID fixtures, which are able to maintain the same lighting saturation at a lower energy point. Metrolight and West-Lite Supply Co. handled the retrofit.
BevMo! indicated that it planned to use the new lighting scheme for future stores, as well.
Retrofitting of lighting systems is one of 16 tips for small businesses to save energy.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls