BevMo! to Save $1M a Year After Lighting Retrofit
BevMo!, a West Coast beverage retailer, expects to save $1 million a year across 90 locations after completing a lighting retrofit.
BevMo! expects to save 51 percent in energy use and reduce lighting maintenance costs by almost half.
The retailer also was able to take advantage of $300,000 in utility rebates, according to a press release.
The installation of electronic high intensity discharge (EHID) lighting was completed in late 2009.
BevMo! replaced thousands of 250 watt magnetic HID fixtures with 150 watt EHID fixtures, which are able to maintain the same lighting saturation at a lower energy point. Metrolight and West-Lite Supply Co. handled the retrofit.
BevMo! indicated that it planned to use the new lighting scheme for future stores, as well.
Retrofitting of lighting systems is one of 16 tips for small businesses to save energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments