NextEra Wind Plant First In U.S. To Generate VERs
NextEra Energy, a subsidiary of FPL Group,’says its Capricorn Ridge Wind Energy Center located in West Texas is the first wind project in the U.S. to create VERs under the Voluntary Carbon Standard protocol.
The project reduces greenhouse gas emissions by displacing fossil-fueled power plants that emit carbon dioxide. It is estimated that the project will generate approximately 212,000 metric tons of offset credits per year beginning in 2010.
First Environment validates and verifies the carbon offset credits.
NextEra Energy Resources plans to sell the VERs from the Capricorn Ridge project into the voluntary carbon credit market.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned