NextEra Wind Plant First In U.S. To Generate VERs
NextEra Energy, a subsidiary of FPL Group,’says its Capricorn Ridge Wind Energy Center located in West Texas is the first wind project in the U.S. to create VERs under the Voluntary Carbon Standard protocol.
The project reduces greenhouse gas emissions by displacing fossil-fueled power plants that emit carbon dioxide. It is estimated that the project will generate approximately 212,000 metric tons of offset credits per year beginning in 2010.
First Environment validates and verifies the carbon offset credits.
NextEra Energy Resources plans to sell the VERs from the Capricorn Ridge project into the voluntary carbon credit market.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B