NextEra Wind Plant First In U.S. To Generate VERs
NextEra Energy, a subsidiary of FPL Group,’says its Capricorn Ridge Wind Energy Center located in West Texas is the first wind project in the U.S. to create VERs under the Voluntary Carbon Standard protocol.
The project reduces greenhouse gas emissions by displacing fossil-fueled power plants that emit carbon dioxide. It is estimated that the project will generate approximately 212,000 metric tons of offset credits per year beginning in 2010.
First Environment validates and verifies the carbon offset credits.
NextEra Energy Resources plans to sell the VERs from the Capricorn Ridge project into the voluntary carbon credit market.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look