Smart Grid Q&A
Q&A from a recent TAG Smart Grid meeting entitled “Jobs and Economic Growth Opportunities in Georgia.” A panel of experts discussed the impact of Smart Grid technologies, the effect on green jobs and aspects of economic growth in the state, with a focus on economic stimulus opportunities associated with the strategies and experiences of organizations in the Smart Grid ecosystem. The Q&A ranged from how to cost justify the Smart Grid, the timeframe for adoption and which technologies come first, Smart Grid program challenges and opportunities in Georgia and more.
The featured speaker, Dr. Deepak Divan, Director-Intelligent Power Infrastructure Consortium and Professor School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology was joined by:
– Ivan Urlaub, Executive Director, North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA);
– Michelle Mindala-Freeman, VP Marketing and Product Management, Landis & Gyr;
– Bob Ray,CEO and President, Flint Energies (Member Oglethorpe Power Corporation EMC);
– Ken Van Meter, Business Development Director -Enterprise Integration Group, Lockheed Martin;
– Chris Womack, President External Affairs, Southern Company.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate