Smart Grid Q&A
Q&A from a recent TAG Smart Grid meeting entitled “Jobs and Economic Growth Opportunities in Georgia.” A panel of experts discussed the impact of Smart Grid technologies, the effect on green jobs and aspects of economic growth in the state, with a focus on economic stimulus opportunities associated with the strategies and experiences of organizations in the Smart Grid ecosystem. The Q&A ranged from how to cost justify the Smart Grid, the timeframe for adoption and which technologies come first, Smart Grid program challenges and opportunities in Georgia and more.
The featured speaker, Dr. Deepak Divan, Director-Intelligent Power Infrastructure Consortium and Professor School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology was joined by:
– Ivan Urlaub, Executive Director, North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA);
– Michelle Mindala-Freeman, VP Marketing and Product Management, Landis & Gyr;
– Bob Ray,CEO and President, Flint Energies (Member Oglethorpe Power Corporation EMC);
– Ken Van Meter, Business Development Director -Enterprise Integration Group, Lockheed Martin;
– Chris Womack, President External Affairs, Southern Company.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform