Smart Grid Q&A
Q&A from a recent TAG Smart Grid meeting entitled “Jobs and Economic Growth Opportunities in Georgia.” A panel of experts discussed the impact of Smart Grid technologies, the effect on green jobs and aspects of economic growth in the state, with a focus on economic stimulus opportunities associated with the strategies and experiences of organizations in the Smart Grid ecosystem. The Q&A ranged from how to cost justify the Smart Grid, the timeframe for adoption and which technologies come first, Smart Grid program challenges and opportunities in Georgia and more.
The featured speaker, Dr. Deepak Divan, Director-Intelligent Power Infrastructure Consortium and Professor School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology was joined by:
– Ivan Urlaub, Executive Director, North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA);
– Michelle Mindala-Freeman, VP Marketing and Product Management, Landis & Gyr;
– Bob Ray,CEO and President, Flint Energies (Member Oglethorpe Power Corporation EMC);
– Ken Van Meter, Business Development Director -Enterprise Integration Group, Lockheed Martin;
– Chris Womack, President External Affairs, Southern Company.
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge