Sharpie, Paper Mate, EXPO Partner with TerraCycle to Repurpose Used Writing Instruments
Sharpie, Paper Mate and EXPO have formed a partnership with TerraCycle to repurpose used pens, markers and other writing instruments. Touted as the world’s first program to collect and reuse writing instruments, the partnership will also help raise funds for schools, charities and non-profits nationwide, as well as reduce waste headed for landfills.
The partners will set-up collection centers called “Writing Instrument Brigades” at participating locations primarily at large corporations and schools. For every writing instrument collected, two cents will be paid to a school, community group, charity or non-profit organization of the participant’s choice.
Each Brigade prints a pre-paid shipping label from TerraCycle’s Website to ship the collected writing instruments to TerraCycle for “upcycling,” where they will be dissembled and/or reprocessed to make new products.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA