Sharpie, Paper Mate, EXPO Partner with TerraCycle to Repurpose Used Writing Instruments
Sharpie, Paper Mate and EXPO have formed a partnership with TerraCycle to repurpose used pens, markers and other writing instruments. Touted as the world’s first program to collect and reuse writing instruments, the partnership will also help raise funds for schools, charities and non-profits nationwide, as well as reduce waste headed for landfills.
The partners will set-up collection centers called “Writing Instrument Brigades” at participating locations primarily at large corporations and schools. For every writing instrument collected, two cents will be paid to a school, community group, charity or non-profit organization of the participant’s choice.
Each Brigade prints a pre-paid shipping label from TerraCycle’s Website to ship the collected writing instruments to TerraCycle for “upcycling,” where they will be dissembled and/or reprocessed to make new products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend