Sharpie, Paper Mate, EXPO Partner with TerraCycle to Repurpose Used Writing Instruments
Sharpie, Paper Mate and EXPO have formed a partnership with TerraCycle to repurpose used pens, markers and other writing instruments. Touted as the world’s first program to collect and reuse writing instruments, the partnership will also help raise funds for schools, charities and non-profits nationwide, as well as reduce waste headed for landfills.
The partners will set-up collection centers called “Writing Instrument Brigades” at participating locations primarily at large corporations and schools. For every writing instrument collected, two cents will be paid to a school, community group, charity or non-profit organization of the participant’s choice.
Each Brigade prints a pre-paid shipping label from TerraCycle’s Website to ship the collected writing instruments to TerraCycle for “upcycling,” where they will be dissembled and/or reprocessed to make new products.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool