Sharpie, Paper Mate, EXPO Partner with TerraCycle to Repurpose Used Writing Instruments
Sharpie, Paper Mate and EXPO have formed a partnership with TerraCycle to repurpose used pens, markers and other writing instruments. Touted as the world’s first program to collect and reuse writing instruments, the partnership will also help raise funds for schools, charities and non-profits nationwide, as well as reduce waste headed for landfills.
The partners will set-up collection centers called “Writing Instrument Brigades” at participating locations primarily at large corporations and schools. For every writing instrument collected, two cents will be paid to a school, community group, charity or non-profit organization of the participant’s choice.
Each Brigade prints a pre-paid shipping label from TerraCycle’s Website to ship the collected writing instruments to TerraCycle for “upcycling,” where they will be dissembled and/or reprocessed to make new products.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations