Sharpie, Paper Mate, EXPO Partner with TerraCycle to Repurpose Used Writing Instruments
Sharpie, Paper Mate and EXPO have formed a partnership with TerraCycle to repurpose used pens, markers and other writing instruments. Touted as the world’s first program to collect and reuse writing instruments, the partnership will also help raise funds for schools, charities and non-profits nationwide, as well as reduce waste headed for landfills.
The partners will set-up collection centers called “Writing Instrument Brigades” at participating locations primarily at large corporations and schools. For every writing instrument collected, two cents will be paid to a school, community group, charity or non-profit organization of the participant’s choice.
Each Brigade prints a pre-paid shipping label from TerraCycle’s Website to ship the collected writing instruments to TerraCycle for “upcycling,” where they will be dissembled and/or reprocessed to make new products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Legislation Moves in Congress
- Arizona City Selects EnergyCAP for Utility Tracking
- Honeywell, Nest Lead Smart Thermostat Market
- Henderson State University Enters Phase 2 of ESPC
- Willamette Valley Utility Customers Save $6.8M on Energy Bills in 2014
- Hubbell Intros Lighting Controller
- 800W DC-DC Converter Boosts Power Density
- How to Think about Energy Efficiency