GE, Intel, Ford Sit Atop Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index
GE sits on top of yet another ranking of sustainable companies, the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index.
GE also garnered the top ranking on a separate list of corporate climate leaders released this week. The top five leaders in the Corporate Knights Global 100 list of large sustainable firms are General Electric, PG&E, Tnt Nv, H&M Hennes & Mauritz, and Nokia.
The Maplecroft ranking evaluates 300 large U.S. companies on their climate-related innovation and carbon management programs. The Corporate Knights ranking includes companies outside the U.S.
The top 10 companies in the Maplecroft ranking are:
1. General Electric
4. FPL Group
5. Johnson Controls
7. Goldman Sachs
8. Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
For its part, Johnson Controls says it is actively working on renewable energy projects that involve solar, wind and geothermal technologies, and has reduced its carbon dioxide emissions by over 13 million metric tons, according to a press release.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store