GE, Intel, Ford Sit Atop Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index
GE sits on top of yet another ranking of sustainable companies, the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index.
GE also garnered the top ranking on a separate list of corporate climate leaders released this week. The top five leaders in the Corporate Knights Global 100 list of large sustainable firms are General Electric, PG&E, Tnt Nv, H&M Hennes & Mauritz, and Nokia.
The Maplecroft ranking evaluates 300 large U.S. companies on their climate-related innovation and carbon management programs. The Corporate Knights ranking includes companies outside the U.S.
The top 10 companies in the Maplecroft ranking are:
1. General Electric
4. FPL Group
5. Johnson Controls
7. Goldman Sachs
8. Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
For its part, Johnson Controls says it is actively working on renewable energy projects that involve solar, wind and geothermal technologies, and has reduced its carbon dioxide emissions by over 13 million metric tons, according to a press release.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned