GE, Intel, Ford Sit Atop Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index
GE sits on top of yet another ranking of sustainable companies, the Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index.
GE also garnered the top ranking on a separate list of corporate climate leaders released this week. The top five leaders in the Corporate Knights Global 100 list of large sustainable firms are General Electric, PG&E, Tnt Nv, H&M Hennes & Mauritz, and Nokia.
The Maplecroft ranking evaluates 300 large U.S. companies on their climate-related innovation and carbon management programs. The Corporate Knights ranking includes companies outside the U.S.
The top 10 companies in the Maplecroft ranking are:
1. General Electric
4. FPL Group
5. Johnson Controls
7. Goldman Sachs
8. Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
For its part, Johnson Controls says it is actively working on renewable energy projects that involve solar, wind and geothermal technologies, and has reduced its carbon dioxide emissions by over 13 million metric tons, according to a press release.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs