IBM, Disney Open Data Center Demo at Epcot
The Smarter Planet exhibit at Disney’s Epcot Center includes an IBM data center.
The data center powers the exhibit, as well as serving as a public demonstration of the technology, according to a press release.
The exhibit attempts to explain to the public how the smart grid and other technology solutions will help reduce road traffic and city crime, as well as improve food safety and water supplies.
The exhibit tells visitors how technology enables the tracking of temperatures of food from one location to the next, as a way to prevent spoilage.
An IBM Cloudburst demo is geared toward businesses who want to drive down costs and accelerate time to market for new products.
The exhibit explains how unplugging unused household appliances can save up to $286 a year.
Unused computing power from the exhibit is going toward the World Community Grid, which engages in environmental research via shared servers.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store