GE Dedicates $45M Renewable Energy Global HQ in NY
GE has dedicated a $45 million Renewable Energy Global Headquarters in Schenectady, N.Y., which also has created more than 650 new jobs. The event also marked the installation of GE’s 13,500th wind turbine globally. GE is the largest supplier of wind turbines in North America.
GE also has a $1.4-billion contract underway to supply wind turbines for a $2-billion project in Oregon. GE says the 845-megawatt (MW) project will be the largest wind farm in operation when completed.
GE’s Renewable Energy Global Headquarters meets the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building standards and will be 20 percent more energy efficient than required by New York State building standards.
Features include low-water faucets, improved insulation, energy-efficient hot water boilers and air conditioning system, energy-efficient and larger windows, bike racks and preferred parking for hybrid vehicles.
The global headquarters also features a 48-kilowatt GE solar system installed nearby to help power the building, and a four-story atrium that houses a scale model wind turbine and interactive displays featuring GE’s renewable energy technologies.
The headquarters is also home to a state-of-the-art Remote Operations Center, which is one of two global facilities that provide monitoring and diagnostic services for GE’s installed base of wind turbines and solar power electronics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management