Rytec’s Fast Cold Storage Door Helps Save Energy
A new insulated roll door claims to be the fastest such door in production, with implications for energy savings.
Rytec’s new door has a peak speed of 182 feet per second. It is sold under the Turbo-Seal brand.
In addition to preventing cold air from escaping because of its quick action, the door itself claims some insulation and energy efficiency savings.
The door is 90 percent more energy efficient than other market options, Rytec says.
The door saves most of its energy by nature of being able to operate without a defrosting heating element.
Cold storage efficiency is one of the central tenets of best practices in foodservice sustainability.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works