Rytec’s Fast Cold Storage Door Helps Save Energy
A new insulated roll door claims to be the fastest such door in production, with implications for energy savings.
Rytec’s new door has a peak speed of 182 feet per second. It is sold under the Turbo-Seal brand.
In addition to preventing cold air from escaping because of its quick action, the door itself claims some insulation and energy efficiency savings.
The door is 90 percent more energy efficient than other market options, Rytec says.
The door saves most of its energy by nature of being able to operate without a defrosting heating element.
Cold storage efficiency is one of the central tenets of best practices in foodservice sustainability.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV