Rytec’s Fast Cold Storage Door Helps Save Energy
A new insulated roll door claims to be the fastest such door in production, with implications for energy savings.
Rytec’s new door has a peak speed of 182 feet per second. It is sold under the Turbo-Seal brand.
In addition to preventing cold air from escaping because of its quick action, the door itself claims some insulation and energy efficiency savings.
The door is 90 percent more energy efficient than other market options, Rytec says.
The door saves most of its energy by nature of being able to operate without a defrosting heating element.
Cold storage efficiency is one of the central tenets of best practices in foodservice sustainability.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation