Rytec’s Fast Cold Storage Door Helps Save Energy
A new insulated roll door claims to be the fastest such door in production, with implications for energy savings.
Rytec’s new door has a peak speed of 182 feet per second. It is sold under the Turbo-Seal brand.
In addition to preventing cold air from escaping because of its quick action, the door itself claims some insulation and energy efficiency savings.
The door is 90 percent more energy efficient than other market options, Rytec says.
The door saves most of its energy by nature of being able to operate without a defrosting heating element.
Cold storage efficiency is one of the central tenets of best practices in foodservice sustainability.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution