Rytec’s Fast Cold Storage Door Helps Save Energy
A new insulated roll door claims to be the fastest such door in production, with implications for energy savings.
Rytec’s new door has a peak speed of 182 feet per second. It is sold under the Turbo-Seal brand.
In addition to preventing cold air from escaping because of its quick action, the door itself claims some insulation and energy efficiency savings.
The door is 90 percent more energy efficient than other market options, Rytec says.
The door saves most of its energy by nature of being able to operate without a defrosting heating element.
Cold storage efficiency is one of the central tenets of best practices in foodservice sustainability.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency