New Belgium Goes with 50% Recycled Cups for Sponsored Events
New Belgium Brewery, which has aligned itself with a sustainability marketing message at events it sponsors, has gone to a 50 percent recycled clear cold beverage cup for beer it sells at some events.
In practice, New Belgium has sold most of its beverages at events in compostable cups, but waste diversion through composting is not available at all events. That has meant the brewer had to use traditional plastic cups at times.
“Sustainability challenges often require more than one solution, and we look forward to putting these new cups to use where the collection of our compostable cups is not available. This is an important part of our ongoing effort to limit the environmental impact of our operations and events,” said Bryan Simpson, director of media relations at New Belgium.
Most beverage vendors use a mix of both traditional and compostable cups, depending on the type of foodservice application, said Bob King, CEO of Eco-Products.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners