New Belgium Goes with 50% Recycled Cups for Sponsored Events
New Belgium Brewery, which has aligned itself with a sustainability marketing message at events it sponsors, has gone to a 50 percent recycled clear cold beverage cup for beer it sells at some events.
In practice, New Belgium has sold most of its beverages at events in compostable cups, but waste diversion through composting is not available at all events. That has meant the brewer had to use traditional plastic cups at times.
“Sustainability challenges often require more than one solution, and we look forward to putting these new cups to use where the collection of our compostable cups is not available. This is an important part of our ongoing effort to limit the environmental impact of our operations and events,” said Bryan Simpson, director of media relations at New Belgium.
Most beverage vendors use a mix of both traditional and compostable cups, depending on the type of foodservice application, said Bob King, CEO of Eco-Products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV