New Belgium Goes with 50% Recycled Cups for Sponsored Events
New Belgium Brewery, which has aligned itself with a sustainability marketing message at events it sponsors, has gone to a 50 percent recycled clear cold beverage cup for beer it sells at some events.
In practice, New Belgium has sold most of its beverages at events in compostable cups, but waste diversion through composting is not available at all events. That has meant the brewer had to use traditional plastic cups at times.
“Sustainability challenges often require more than one solution, and we look forward to putting these new cups to use where the collection of our compostable cups is not available. This is an important part of our ongoing effort to limit the environmental impact of our operations and events,” said Bryan Simpson, director of media relations at New Belgium.
Most beverage vendors use a mix of both traditional and compostable cups, depending on the type of foodservice application, said Bob King, CEO of Eco-Products.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion