New Belgium Goes with 50% Recycled Cups for Sponsored Events
New Belgium Brewery, which has aligned itself with a sustainability marketing message at events it sponsors, has gone to a 50 percent recycled clear cold beverage cup for beer it sells at some events.
In practice, New Belgium has sold most of its beverages at events in compostable cups, but waste diversion through composting is not available at all events. That has meant the brewer had to use traditional plastic cups at times.
“Sustainability challenges often require more than one solution, and we look forward to putting these new cups to use where the collection of our compostable cups is not available. This is an important part of our ongoing effort to limit the environmental impact of our operations and events,” said Bryan Simpson, director of media relations at New Belgium.
Most beverage vendors use a mix of both traditional and compostable cups, depending on the type of foodservice application, said Bob King, CEO of Eco-Products.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation