Porsche Adding 2MW in Solar to Parts Warehouse Roof
Porsche is installing a 2 megawatt rooftop solar photovoltaic system at a parts warehouse in Germany, reports Green Car Congress.
The array, which consists of about 8,500 solar modules, will occupy about 40,000 square feet of the roof.
The system is expected to produce about 2 million kilowatt hours a year, or enough to power about 500 homes.
Porsche also will avoid about 1,780 tons in emissions a year at the warehouse, which is in Sachsenheim, Germany.
Installation will begin in late February, reports Automotive World.
That facility has a HelioPower 80-kV solar power array with 372 Sharp solar modules, enough to produce 135,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable electricity annually.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works