Sara Lee Calls Itself Largest Global Sourcer of UTZ ‘Sustainable’ Coffee
Sara Lee says it expanded its lead as the world’s largest buyer of UTZ certified “sustainable” coffee, having exceeded its own internal target of purchasing 26,500 tons in 2009.
The 2010 target is 16 times the 2004 target of 2,500 tons.
Sara Lee is the world’s largest coffee roaster, with brands including Senseo, Marcilla, Maison du Cafe, Merrild and Douwe Egberts.
Other major food marketers are gearing up their certifiable supply chains.
Tetley recently announced its plans to sell 100 percent Rainforest-certified tea by 2016, reports Reuters.
Outside of the coffee/tea sector, ice cream maker Ben & Jerry’s says it plans to purchase only Fair Trade ingredients – when possible, by 2013, reports Supermarket News.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark