Sara Lee Calls Itself Largest Global Sourcer of UTZ ‘Sustainable’ Coffee
Sara Lee says it expanded its lead as the world’s largest buyer of UTZ certified “sustainable” coffee, having exceeded its own internal target of purchasing 26,500 tons in 2009.
The 2010 target is 16 times the 2004 target of 2,500 tons.
Sara Lee is the world’s largest coffee roaster, with brands including Senseo, Marcilla, Maison du Cafe, Merrild and Douwe Egberts.
Other major food marketers are gearing up their certifiable supply chains.
Tetley recently announced its plans to sell 100 percent Rainforest-certified tea by 2016, reports Reuters.
Outside of the coffee/tea sector, ice cream maker Ben & Jerry’s says it plans to purchase only Fair Trade ingredients – when possible, by 2013, reports Supermarket News.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses