Pepsi Refresh Project Goes Viral
In an example of a major consumer goods company using social media to market itself via a sustainability message, PepsiCo’s Project Refresh video has garnered more than 465,000 viewings on Youtube.
The video, which implores consumers to apply for grants for projects related to energy efficiency, the environment and other areas, is part of Pepsi’s refocused marketing campaign.
Earlier this year, Pepsi decided to forego expensive Super Bowl advertising in favor of pushing a message about sustainability via the Web.
In all, Pepsi will be putting $20 million into its Refresh Project. Click here to visit the Refresh Everything Web site.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls