Pepsi Refresh Project Goes Viral
In an example of a major consumer goods company using social media to market itself via a sustainability message, PepsiCo’s Project Refresh video has garnered more than 465,000 viewings on Youtube.
The video, which implores consumers to apply for grants for projects related to energy efficiency, the environment and other areas, is part of Pepsi’s refocused marketing campaign.
Earlier this year, Pepsi decided to forego expensive Super Bowl advertising in favor of pushing a message about sustainability via the Web.
In all, Pepsi will be putting $20 million into its Refresh Project. Click here to visit the Refresh Everything Web site.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array