With dcarbon8 Deal, Deloitte Angles for Environmental Expertise
Deloitte has purchased dcarbon8, a carbon and sustainability consulting firm, in a bid to position itself for growth in environmental advisory services, reports Accountancy Age.
As part of the deal, Gut Battle, founder of dcarbon8, will become a partner at Deloitte. Battle’s employees also will be joining Deloitte, according to the article.
John Connolly, CEO and senior partner at Deloitte, said dcarbon8’s position in the market warranted the decision, adding, “dcarbon8 is a leading innovator in carbon and sustainability consulting and already advises a number of blue chip clients,” reports M&A Deals.
Battle said that becoming part of Deloitte offers some “necessary depth” and resources.
“The challenges facing business as the world moves towards a low carbon economy are enormous,” Battle said.
A UK firm, dcarbon8 was a “˜grand prix’ award winner at the 2008 Green Business Awards, reports Sourcews.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform