With dcarbon8 Deal, Deloitte Angles for Environmental Expertise
Deloitte has purchased dcarbon8, a carbon and sustainability consulting firm, in a bid to position itself for growth in environmental advisory services, reports Accountancy Age.
As part of the deal, Gut Battle, founder of dcarbon8, will become a partner at Deloitte. Battle’s employees also will be joining Deloitte, according to the article.
John Connolly, CEO and senior partner at Deloitte, said dcarbon8’s position in the market warranted the decision, adding, “dcarbon8 is a leading innovator in carbon and sustainability consulting and already advises a number of blue chip clients,” reports M&A Deals.
Battle said that becoming part of Deloitte offers some “necessary depth” and resources.
“The challenges facing business as the world moves towards a low carbon economy are enormous,” Battle said.
A UK firm, dcarbon8 was a “˜grand prix’ award winner at the 2008 Green Business Awards, reports Sourcews.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters