VP-level CSR Jobs Up, Even as All Postings Fell 68% From Q3 08 to Q3 09
Job postings related to corporate social responsibility tumbled 68 percent from the third quarter of 2008 to 2009, according to a recent report.
But behind the numbers is a rising trend of executive-level job postings such as vice president and other senior positions such as director, according to Sustainability Recruiting’s CSR Jobs Report. The report drew from Business for Social Responsibility‘s CSR Jobs Page.
“The emergence of the VP of CSR and VP of Sustainability titles seems proof of the growing strategic business position of CSR,” stated Dave Stangis, Vice President of CSR and Sustainability at Campbell’s Soup.
Before 2006, none of the job postings had a title of vice president or above, said Ellen Weinreb, CEO of Sustainability Recruiting.
Among several factors, Weinrab said that the mostable was the “increased value being placed on CSR as a component of corporate strategy.”
While about 61 percent of the overall decline came between the third and quarters of 2008, when the stock market was in decline, the outlook for the future is rosier, especially considering a 33 percent uptick in CSR job postings in the fourth quarter of 2009.
While 2009 ended on a positive note, the report, which looked at 819 CSR jobs posted from 2004 to 2009, also found that CSR 2009 job listings declined to a low point not seen since mid-2006.
By contrast, the percentage of available jobs related to green building has taken off, according to a report from Indeed.com.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities