Waste Management Reaps PR Benefit From TV Time
Because of his involvement in a popular television show, the president and COO of Waste Management is counting a PR bonus.
Lawrence O’Donnell, chief of Waste Management, played an incognito role when he participated in “Undercover Boss” on CBS.
His involvement sent hits to Waste Management’s Web site soaring, according to The Buffalo News.
Waste Management saw more than 300 percent more hits on its online “Become a Customer” Web link in the four days after the broadcast, which came in February, compared with previous daily averages, said Lynn Brown, vice president of corporate communications.
Since the CBS appearance, O’Donnell keeps racking up the TV time.
He has appeared on CNN’s “The Joy Behar Show,” and was interviewed by other network anchors.
“We got new business from customers who’ve said, ‘Wow, that’s the kind of company we want to do business with,’” O’Donnell told the Buffalo News.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend