75% Support Adding Solar on Public Lands
About 75 percent of Americans are in support of adding solar on public lands, despite efforts by environmentalists to halt certain projects.
The poll, conducted by Gotham Research Group on behalf of the Solar Energy Industries Association, showed the existence of a partisan divide for solar power, compared to wind farms, nuclear plants, oil wells, natural gas facilities and coal plants.
See the table below for the breakdown, based on political affiliation.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales