75% Support Adding Solar on Public Lands
About 75 percent of Americans are in support of adding solar on public lands, despite efforts by environmentalists to halt certain projects.
The poll, conducted by Gotham Research Group on behalf of the Solar Energy Industries Association, showed the existence of a partisan divide for solar power, compared to wind farms, nuclear plants, oil wells, natural gas facilities and coal plants.
See the table below for the breakdown, based on political affiliation.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls