USPS Taps Eaton For Energy Efficiency Upgrades
The United States Postal Service’s Eastern Facilities Service Office has tapped Eaton Corporation to work on energy efficiency projects at postal facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio and South Carolina.
Eaton says that the Indefinite Job Order Contract will consist of energy engineering, management and audits as well as improvements in lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Financial details were not released.
Eaton recently reached agreements with several other high profile government organizations including the San Antonio Military Medical Center on the Fort Sam Houston Army base in Texas, according to Eaton. The $8 million agreement provides the military bases with electrical products and services, as well as supplying the bases with 35 fuel-efficient hybrid shuttle buses.
The Department of Energy funded a collaboration between HP and Eaton for $7.4 million in January. The joint proposal is aimed at improving energy efficiency in information technology services.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management