USPS Taps Eaton For Energy Efficiency Upgrades
The United States Postal Service’s Eastern Facilities Service Office has tapped Eaton Corporation to work on energy efficiency projects at postal facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio and South Carolina.
Eaton says that the Indefinite Job Order Contract will consist of energy engineering, management and audits as well as improvements in lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Financial details were not released.
Eaton recently reached agreements with several other high profile government organizations including the San Antonio Military Medical Center on the Fort Sam Houston Army base in Texas, according to Eaton. The $8 million agreement provides the military bases with electrical products and services, as well as supplying the bases with 35 fuel-efficient hybrid shuttle buses.
The Department of Energy funded a collaboration between HP and Eaton for $7.4 million in January. The joint proposal is aimed at improving energy efficiency in information technology services.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store