U.S. House Undertakes Energy Savings Measures
As part of the “Green the Capitol” program, Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) discusses some changes made in his office, including low-flow plumbing and HVAC efficiencies.
Welch’s office is the first to undergo energy efficiency improvements designed by the Architect of the Capitol (AOC) to reduce energy use by 23 percent and water use by 32 percent throughout U.S. House office buildings.
Overall, the improvements are expected to save taxpayers $3.3 million a year.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike