Supercomputer Hub Puts Energy Efficiency to Work
The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Terascale Simulation Facility (TSF), which houses some of the world’s fastest supercomputers, has received a LEED gold level certification under the U.S. Green Building Council rating system.
The TSF is a 253,000-square-foot building that houses Dawn (BlueGene/P), BlueGene/L and ASC Purple — Advanced Simulation and Computing (ASC) systems largely dedicated to stockpile stewardship.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners