Active Flow May Make Aircraft More Efficient
Active flow promises to make both commercial and military aircraft more efficient, but stability and noise control have been problematic.
Active flow is used in so-called vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) planes.
Microjets at the engine’s nozzle can help reduce noise, for instance.
Microjets also may help induce less drag, reducing the amount of fuel required.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities