Active Flow May Make Aircraft More Efficient
Active flow promises to make both commercial and military aircraft more efficient, but stability and noise control have been problematic.
Active flow is used in so-called vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) planes.
Microjets at the engine’s nozzle can help reduce noise, for instance.
Microjets also may help induce less drag, reducing the amount of fuel required.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment