Active Flow May Make Aircraft More Efficient
Active flow promises to make both commercial and military aircraft more efficient, but stability and noise control have been problematic.
Active flow is used in so-called vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) planes.
Microjets at the engine’s nozzle can help reduce noise, for instance.
Microjets also may help induce less drag, reducing the amount of fuel required.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark