Active Flow May Make Aircraft More Efficient
Active flow promises to make both commercial and military aircraft more efficient, but stability and noise control have been problematic.
Active flow is used in so-called vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) planes.
Microjets at the engine’s nozzle can help reduce noise, for instance.
Microjets also may help induce less drag, reducing the amount of fuel required.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018