Active Flow May Make Aircraft More Efficient
Active flow promises to make both commercial and military aircraft more efficient, but stability and noise control have been problematic.
Active flow is used in so-called vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) planes.
Microjets at the engine’s nozzle can help reduce noise, for instance.
Microjets also may help induce less drag, reducing the amount of fuel required.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry