Office Depot Promotes ‘Green’ NASCAR, Electronics Recycling
Two new Office Depot promotions are centered around themes of reducing emissions and recycling electronics.
The new Greener Shipping program encourages Office Depot customers to help reduce overall emissions from delivery by changing how they buy office supplies. Namely, Office Depot will reward customers who eliminate small orders, increase average order size and help reduce delivery frequency, by providing rebates on certain “green” products.
Office Depot will also purchase EarthEra renewable energy credits to support wind and solar development, on the customer’s behalf.
And that brings us back to NASCAR, where Office Depot is buying EarthEra RECs to offset the carbon footprint of the Subway Fresh Fit 600 race, which is April 10 at Phoenix International Raceway.
Office Depot said it plans to offset not only the cars on the track, but also fan travel, race team travel and track operations during the race.
The No. 14 Office Depot/Old Spice Chevy Impala is driven by two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart, and the car will feature a green-themed paint scheme during the race.
In another promotion, Office Depot is offering discounts to consumers who recycle electronic devices such as used printers, shredders, digital cameras and notebook computers, reports Boston.com.
This program has Office Depot pairing with Gazelle, which in the past has similarly partnered with Costco. Customers who turn in qualifying devices can earn up to $75 in credit toward new electronics.
Office Depot aims to collect 400 tons of electronics during the promotion, which lasts all of April.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool