Gundersen Lutheran Hospital Gets LEED Certification
A project engineer describes some of the environmental aspects of the Gundersen Lutheran hospital in La Crosse, Wisc., which recently received LEED Silver certification.
The hospital looked at the environmental impact of managing waste from various aspects, including construction of an underground parking garage to how construction waste was managed.
The building has solar panels on the roof.
Gundersen Lutheran is generally recognized as a leader in implementing renewable energy in the health care sector.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses