Gundersen Lutheran Hospital Gets LEED Certification
A project engineer describes some of the environmental aspects of the Gundersen Lutheran hospital in La Crosse, Wisc., which recently received LEED Silver certification.
The hospital looked at the environmental impact of managing waste from various aspects, including construction of an underground parking garage to how construction waste was managed.
The building has solar panels on the roof.
Gundersen Lutheran is generally recognized as a leader in implementing renewable energy in the health care sector.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities