Gundersen Lutheran Hospital Gets LEED Certification
A project engineer describes some of the environmental aspects of the Gundersen Lutheran hospital in La Crosse, Wisc., which recently received LEED Silver certification.
The hospital looked at the environmental impact of managing waste from various aspects, including construction of an underground parking garage to how construction waste was managed.
The building has solar panels on the roof.
Gundersen Lutheran is generally recognized as a leader in implementing renewable energy in the health care sector.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses