Gundersen Lutheran Hospital Gets LEED Certification
A project engineer describes some of the environmental aspects of the Gundersen Lutheran hospital in La Crosse, Wisc., which recently received LEED Silver certification.
The hospital looked at the environmental impact of managing waste from various aspects, including construction of an underground parking garage to how construction waste was managed.
The building has solar panels on the roof.
Gundersen Lutheran is generally recognized as a leader in implementing renewable energy in the health care sector.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years