Gundersen Lutheran Hospital Gets LEED Certification
A project engineer describes some of the environmental aspects of the Gundersen Lutheran hospital in La Crosse, Wisc., which recently received LEED Silver certification.
The hospital looked at the environmental impact of managing waste from various aspects, including construction of an underground parking garage to how construction waste was managed.
The building has solar panels on the roof.
Gundersen Lutheran is generally recognized as a leader in implementing renewable energy in the health care sector.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense