Twentieth Century Fox Adding 158 KW Solar Array
At its Century City, Calif., studios, Twentieth Century Fox will add a 158-kilowatt solar array.
The solar photovoltaic system will be installed on the roof of Fox’s Building 99.
The project is being developed by Solar Power Inc. and Pacific Edison, according to a press release.
The project should be completed this summer.
The project, if successful, could spur further solar arrays at Fox Studios, reports the Sacramento Business Journal.
Among Hollywood studios using solar energy, Fox is not alone.
Last year, Sony Pictures Entertainment revealed its 32 KW solar array on the roof of the Jimmy Stewart building on the company’s Culver City, Calif., studio lot.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016