Twentieth Century Fox Adding 158 KW Solar Array
At its Century City, Calif., studios, Twentieth Century Fox will add a 158-kilowatt solar array.
The solar photovoltaic system will be installed on the roof of Fox’s Building 99.
The project is being developed by Solar Power Inc. and Pacific Edison, according to a press release.
The project should be completed this summer.
The project, if successful, could spur further solar arrays at Fox Studios, reports the Sacramento Business Journal.
Among Hollywood studios using solar energy, Fox is not alone.
Last year, Sony Pictures Entertainment revealed its 32 KW solar array on the roof of the Jimmy Stewart building on the company’s Culver City, Calif., studio lot.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management