Climate Change Still Ranks As Top Global Issue
Taken together, climate change and the environmental rank as the top issue facing the world, according to Global Pulse survey by HSBC Bank.
About 38 percent of the 2044 people surveyed said so, followed by the economy (35 percent), terrorism (33 percent), poverty (25 percent), and unemployment/jobs (21percent).
Energy came in at No. 6, at 19 percent.
Survey respondents in 11 cities around the world were asked to list what they viewed as the top three issues facing the world.
Water supplies/clean water was picked by 18 percent of respondents.
Survey respondents were distributed as thus: 200 participants per market in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Washington, D.C.; 121 in Toronto; 94 in Vancouver; 228 in London; 199 in Hong Kong; and 201 in Sao Paulo and Sydney.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations