Climate Change Still Ranks As Top Global Issue
Taken together, climate change and the environmental rank as the top issue facing the world, according to Global Pulse survey by HSBC Bank.
About 38 percent of the 2044 people surveyed said so, followed by the economy (35 percent), terrorism (33 percent), poverty (25 percent), and unemployment/jobs (21percent).
Energy came in at No. 6, at 19 percent.
Survey respondents in 11 cities around the world were asked to list what they viewed as the top three issues facing the world.
Water supplies/clean water was picked by 18 percent of respondents.
Survey respondents were distributed as thus: 200 participants per market in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Washington, D.C.; 121 in Toronto; 94 in Vancouver; 228 in London; 199 in Hong Kong; and 201 in Sao Paulo and Sydney.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B