Climate Change Still Ranks As Top Global Issue
Taken together, climate change and the environmental rank as the top issue facing the world, according to Global Pulse survey by HSBC Bank.
About 38 percent of the 2044 people surveyed said so, followed by the economy (35 percent), terrorism (33 percent), poverty (25 percent), and unemployment/jobs (21percent).
Energy came in at No. 6, at 19 percent.
Survey respondents in 11 cities around the world were asked to list what they viewed as the top three issues facing the world.
Water supplies/clean water was picked by 18 percent of respondents.
Survey respondents were distributed as thus: 200 participants per market in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Washington, D.C.; 121 in Toronto; 94 in Vancouver; 228 in London; 199 in Hong Kong; and 201 in Sao Paulo and Sydney.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark