Climate Change Still Ranks As Top Global Issue
Taken together, climate change and the environmental rank as the top issue facing the world, according to Global Pulse survey by HSBC Bank.
About 38 percent of the 2044 people surveyed said so, followed by the economy (35 percent), terrorism (33 percent), poverty (25 percent), and unemployment/jobs (21percent).
Energy came in at No. 6, at 19 percent.
Survey respondents in 11 cities around the world were asked to list what they viewed as the top three issues facing the world.
Water supplies/clean water was picked by 18 percent of respondents.
Survey respondents were distributed as thus: 200 participants per market in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Washington, D.C.; 121 in Toronto; 94 in Vancouver; 228 in London; 199 in Hong Kong; and 201 in Sao Paulo and Sydney.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables