Facilities Get Social Network To Compare Resource Use
As social networking sites become a more critical business tool, Lucid Design Group unveils its Web-based Building Dashboard Network that enables users to view, compare and share building energy and water use information in a social networking environment. The dashboard also integrates with Facebook and Twitter to post updates to building profile pages and feeds, sparking energy use competitions among users.
The real-time energy monitoring and display systems provider for buildings says that companies and schools can build their own profile pages with real-time energy and water use data, compare performance with other buildings, and set-up energy reduction competitions across the network.
Lucid expects the technology to drive significant behavioral changes that will result in lower consumption and measurable financial and environmental benefits. As an example, resource use feedback and real-time energy use competitions have helped institutions reduce consumption by 5 to 20 percent on a long-term basis, according to the company.
The dashboard will be used in the 2010 Campus Conservation Nationals, a nationwide energy reduction competition among more than 40 of the country’s leading universities.
Several pilot projects are underway to make the technology available to residential customers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management