FL Billboard Retrofits Powered by Renewable Energy
More than 1,000 billboards in Florida are being converted to renewable energy in an effort to boost the state’s awareness of clean power. The $12.5-million project includes the installation of 1,370 individual solar or wind power systems that will return power to the electrical grid.
The project, contracted to Lamar Advertising, will install a total of one megawatt of renewable energy generation on billboards along interstates and major thoroughfares for the greatest public exposure.
The project is funded by a $2.5-million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy and $10 million from Lamar Advertising. The project is set for completion in 2012.
Lamar Advertising also is sponsoring Renewable Florida, a Web-based clearinghouse to help Floridians find the most cost-efficient ways of maximizing renewable energy.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution