Constellation NewEnergy Debuts Real-Time Energy Management Solution
Constellation NewEnergy has unveiled its new energy management solution that combines hardware and online applications to enable its commercial power customers to manage and optimize energy use in real-time. With real-time data at their fingertips, customers can lower their electricity bills by reducing consumption during peak pricing periods.
Dubbed VirtuWatt, the energy management platform features an online dashboard that allows customers to track current energy use, use trends and current market values, enabling them to make instantaneous operational decisions.
The hardware monitors their energy use in real time and allows them to coordinate with all major building management systems, says the company. It also allows customers to automate the decision process to reduce energy by using preset scenarios.
The company says users can leverage the real-time information in several ways. As examples, they can pinpoint opportunities to shift operations to lower cost energy periods and bid for use reductions directly into the ISO markets for energy and ancillary services to be compensated for shedding load.
Customers can also simplify participation in grid-managed load response programs by eliminating the manual processes historically required to participate in these programs.
VirtuWatt is only available to Constellation Energy customers.
Most recently, the energy company provided the renewable energy credits to help the New York Stock Exchange offset the approximately 28 million kilowatt hours it uses annually.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report