Constellation NewEnergy Debuts Real-Time Energy Management Solution
Constellation NewEnergy has unveiled its new energy management solution that combines hardware and online applications to enable its commercial power customers to manage and optimize energy use in real-time. With real-time data at their fingertips, customers can lower their electricity bills by reducing consumption during peak pricing periods.
Dubbed VirtuWatt, the energy management platform features an online dashboard that allows customers to track current energy use, use trends and current market values, enabling them to make instantaneous operational decisions.
The hardware monitors their energy use in real time and allows them to coordinate with all major building management systems, says the company. It also allows customers to automate the decision process to reduce energy by using preset scenarios.
The company says users can leverage the real-time information in several ways. As examples, they can pinpoint opportunities to shift operations to lower cost energy periods and bid for use reductions directly into the ISO markets for energy and ancillary services to be compensated for shedding load.
Customers can also simplify participation in grid-managed load response programs by eliminating the manual processes historically required to participate in these programs.
VirtuWatt is only available to Constellation Energy customers.
Most recently, the energy company provided the renewable energy credits to help the New York Stock Exchange offset the approximately 28 million kilowatt hours it uses annually.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency