Ricoh Unveils Carbon Tracking Tool for Printers
Ricoh Americas has expanded its @RemoteProductSuite to enable businesses to track the carbon footprint of its printing practices. With @Remote Green Reports, companies can generate fleet-based, online reports that detail energy and paper consumption along with their resulting environmental impacts.
As an example, users can track month-to-month trends in energy and paper consumption of their Managed Ricoh @Remote Compatible document output devices, allowing them to monitor fleet performance and the possible environmental impact they have on metrics such as CO2 emissions and conservation of forests.
The reports also include environmental metrics such as month-to-month energy consumption comparisons of the Ricoh devices and the amount of time each device spends in all power modes — operation, stand-by, energy-saving/low-power and sleep.
Ricoh says these metrics allow businesses and IT centers to better manage their fleet for increased energy savings, determining, for example, the timer adjustment of devices to go into low-power mode quicker.
The tool can also monitor, per device, the print output by page, reporting the percentage of jobs that are printed in duplex or combine mode (multiple-images on one page) and report resulting paper savings. The tool calculates and trends approximate CO2 emissions, paper and power consumption, as well as tracks approximate device paper and utility costs, for month-to-month comparison.
Ricoh also offers sustainable printer lines.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform