LED Lighting Targets Walk-in Freezers at Retail Stores
PowerSecure International’s EfficientLights business has expanded its LED lighting portfolio with the introduction of two new LED lighting products, targeted at walk-in freezer/coolers and open refrigerated shelves at retailers including grocery and drug stores.
The new lighting solutions are expected to reduce lighting energy costs, cut maintenance costs by extending light life five-fold over traditional lighting, and eliminate the use of mercury-containing fluorescent lights.
The company estimates that on average, a grocery store retrofitted with EfficientLights technology reduces its carbon footprint by approximately 40 tons of carbon emissions annually.
The LED lighting fixtures also deliver upgraded quality of light to a refrigerated case, which enhances the consumer’s in-store shopping experience, says the company.
Click here for five tips for selecting LED lighting systems.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging