LED Lighting Targets Walk-in Freezers at Retail Stores
PowerSecure International’s EfficientLights business has expanded its LED lighting portfolio with the introduction of two new LED lighting products, targeted at walk-in freezer/coolers and open refrigerated shelves at retailers including grocery and drug stores.
The new lighting solutions are expected to reduce lighting energy costs, cut maintenance costs by extending light life five-fold over traditional lighting, and eliminate the use of mercury-containing fluorescent lights.
The company estimates that on average, a grocery store retrofitted with EfficientLights technology reduces its carbon footprint by approximately 40 tons of carbon emissions annually.
The LED lighting fixtures also deliver upgraded quality of light to a refrigerated case, which enhances the consumer’s in-store shopping experience, says the company.
Click here for five tips for selecting LED lighting systems.
Energy Manager News
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency
- SCE&G Customers to See Lower Bills, Renewable Energy Charge Starting in May
- Marin Clean Energy Could Cut Rates As Seven More Cities Join
- ASHRAE Looks at Energy Efficiency in a World Without Price Tags
- New York City Goes Big on Solar