LED Lighting Targets Walk-in Freezers at Retail Stores
PowerSecure International’s EfficientLights business has expanded its LED lighting portfolio with the introduction of two new LED lighting products, targeted at walk-in freezer/coolers and open refrigerated shelves at retailers including grocery and drug stores.
The new lighting solutions are expected to reduce lighting energy costs, cut maintenance costs by extending light life five-fold over traditional lighting, and eliminate the use of mercury-containing fluorescent lights.
The company estimates that on average, a grocery store retrofitted with EfficientLights technology reduces its carbon footprint by approximately 40 tons of carbon emissions annually.
The LED lighting fixtures also deliver upgraded quality of light to a refrigerated case, which enhances the consumer’s in-store shopping experience, says the company.
Click here for five tips for selecting LED lighting systems.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool