LED Lighting Targets Walk-in Freezers at Retail Stores
PowerSecure International’s EfficientLights business has expanded its LED lighting portfolio with the introduction of two new LED lighting products, targeted at walk-in freezer/coolers and open refrigerated shelves at retailers including grocery and drug stores.
The new lighting solutions are expected to reduce lighting energy costs, cut maintenance costs by extending light life five-fold over traditional lighting, and eliminate the use of mercury-containing fluorescent lights.
The company estimates that on average, a grocery store retrofitted with EfficientLights technology reduces its carbon footprint by approximately 40 tons of carbon emissions annually.
The LED lighting fixtures also deliver upgraded quality of light to a refrigerated case, which enhances the consumer’s in-store shopping experience, says the company.
Click here for five tips for selecting LED lighting systems.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables