LED Lighting Targets Walk-in Freezers at Retail Stores
PowerSecure International’s EfficientLights business has expanded its LED lighting portfolio with the introduction of two new LED lighting products, targeted at walk-in freezer/coolers and open refrigerated shelves at retailers including grocery and drug stores.
The new lighting solutions are expected to reduce lighting energy costs, cut maintenance costs by extending light life five-fold over traditional lighting, and eliminate the use of mercury-containing fluorescent lights.
The company estimates that on average, a grocery store retrofitted with EfficientLights technology reduces its carbon footprint by approximately 40 tons of carbon emissions annually.
The LED lighting fixtures also deliver upgraded quality of light to a refrigerated case, which enhances the consumer’s in-store shopping experience, says the company.
Click here for five tips for selecting LED lighting systems.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate