SABMiller Transforms Beer Cans into Drinking Cups
SABMiller has adapted its easy-to-open beer can into a drinking cup when the top is removed as part of an effort to reduce waste at sporting events, reports Bloomberg Businessweek.
The new design for its 44-milliliter (13-ounce) Castle Lager Brand will be unveiled at the World Cup soccer tournament that starts in South Africa in June, followed by launches at sporting events in the U.S. and Europe.
The brewer says the fully recyclable also will help reduce the potential “missiles” that spectators sometimes throw during events, while decreasing the use of glass and plastic at stadiums.
Sports teams and sporting events have been embracing sustainability initiatives that range from energy conservation measures to recycling at stadiums.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024