SABMiller Transforms Beer Cans into Drinking Cups
SABMiller has adapted its easy-to-open beer can into a drinking cup when the top is removed as part of an effort to reduce waste at sporting events, reports Bloomberg Businessweek.
The new design for its 44-milliliter (13-ounce) Castle Lager Brand will be unveiled at the World Cup soccer tournament that starts in South Africa in June, followed by launches at sporting events in the U.S. and Europe.
The brewer says the fully recyclable also will help reduce the potential “missiles” that spectators sometimes throw during events, while decreasing the use of glass and plastic at stadiums.
Sports teams and sporting events have been embracing sustainability initiatives that range from energy conservation measures to recycling at stadiums.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE