SABMiller Transforms Beer Cans into Drinking Cups
SABMiller has adapted its easy-to-open beer can into a drinking cup when the top is removed as part of an effort to reduce waste at sporting events, reports Bloomberg Businessweek.
The new design for its 44-milliliter (13-ounce) Castle Lager Brand will be unveiled at the World Cup soccer tournament that starts in South Africa in June, followed by launches at sporting events in the U.S. and Europe.
The brewer says the fully recyclable also will help reduce the potential “missiles” that spectators sometimes throw during events, while decreasing the use of glass and plastic at stadiums.
Sports teams and sporting events have been embracing sustainability initiatives that range from energy conservation measures to recycling at stadiums.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years