SABMiller Transforms Beer Cans into Drinking Cups
SABMiller has adapted its easy-to-open beer can into a drinking cup when the top is removed as part of an effort to reduce waste at sporting events, reports Bloomberg Businessweek.
The new design for its 44-milliliter (13-ounce) Castle Lager Brand will be unveiled at the World Cup soccer tournament that starts in South Africa in June, followed by launches at sporting events in the U.S. and Europe.
The brewer says the fully recyclable also will help reduce the potential “missiles” that spectators sometimes throw during events, while decreasing the use of glass and plastic at stadiums.
Sports teams and sporting events have been embracing sustainability initiatives that range from energy conservation measures to recycling at stadiums.
Energy Manager News
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison
- A Simple Fix to Save Energy in NYC
- Connecticut, The Microgrid State
- More Large Green Buildings, Still Few Small Ones