SAP, Wipro Collaborate On Sustainability Solutions
Indian IT services firm Wipro announced Friday that it has entered into an agreement with German software company SAP to work together to provide a suite of solutions that will combine SAPâ€™s environmental, sustainability performance and energy management tools with Wiproâ€™s â€śgreenâ€ť consulting services.
The solutions will help enterprise customers identify and reduce costs by adopting greener practices.
The two companies will work together to integrate SAPâ€™s sustainability solutions, including its Carbon Impact, BusinessObjects Sustainability Performance Management, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management applications, with Wiproâ€™s green IT services.
The combined products are geared toward reducing the business risks and compliance costs incurred by local, regional and global regulations, and will include risk and strategy management solutions.
The collaboration between the two companies follows SAPâ€™s recent acquisition of TechniData, an EHS solutions provider, and its announcement last year of a long-term strategic focus on providing solutions for more sustainable business practices.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&Gâ€™s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners