SAP, Wipro Collaborate On Sustainability Solutions
Indian IT services firm Wipro announced Friday that it has entered into an agreement with German software company SAP to work together to provide a suite of solutions that will combine SAPâs environmental, sustainability performance and energy management tools with Wiproâs âgreenâ consulting services.
The solutions will help enterprise customers identify and reduce costs by adopting greener practices.
The two companies will work together to integrate SAPâs sustainability solutions, including its Carbon Impact, BusinessObjects Sustainability Performance Management, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management applications, with Wiproâs green IT services.
The combined products are geared toward reducing the business risks and compliance costs incurred by local, regional and global regulations, and will include risk and strategy management solutions.
The collaboration between the two companies follows SAPâs recent acquisition of TechniData, an EHS solutions provider, and its announcement last year of a long-term strategic focus on providing solutions for more sustainable business practices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend