Greenscape Begins Construction on Green Parking Lot at DIA
Construction has begun on a new green parking facility in Denver, Colorado, according to an announcement yesterday by Greenscape Capital Group, the owners of the facility. The facility, which is expected to be completed within seven months, will offer 4200 stalls and will service Denver International Airport, the third largest airport in the world by land size.
The construction is based on LEED GOLD building principles, alternatively fueled shuttle vans, solar and wind energy sources, porous pavement, natural landscaping, and geothermal energy. Green Park DIA can also harness landfill produced methane gas, converting it to natural gas for facility energy needs.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs