Greenscape Begins Construction on Green Parking Lot at DIA
Construction has begun on a new green parking facility in Denver, Colorado, according to an announcement yesterday by Greenscape Capital Group, the owners of the facility. The facility, which is expected to be completed within seven months, will offer 4200 stalls and will service Denver International Airport, the third largest airport in the world by land size.
The construction is based on LEED GOLD building principles, alternatively fueled shuttle vans, solar and wind energy sources, porous pavement, natural landscaping, and geothermal energy. Green Park DIA can also harness landfill produced methane gas, converting it to natural gas for facility energy needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts