Greenscape Begins Construction on Green Parking Lot at DIA
Construction has begun on a new green parking facility in Denver, Colorado, according to an announcement yesterday by Greenscape Capital Group, the owners of the facility. The facility, which is expected to be completed within seven months, will offer 4200 stalls and will service Denver International Airport, the third largest airport in the world by land size.
The construction is based on LEED GOLD building principles, alternatively fueled shuttle vans, solar and wind energy sources, porous pavement, natural landscaping, and geothermal energy. Green Park DIA can also harness landfill produced methane gas, converting it to natural gas for facility energy needs.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics