Greenscape Begins Construction on Green Parking Lot at DIA
Construction has begun on a new green parking facility in Denver, Colorado, according to an announcement yesterday by Greenscape Capital Group, the owners of the facility. The facility, which is expected to be completed within seven months, will offer 4200 stalls and will service Denver International Airport, the third largest airport in the world by land size.
The construction is based on LEED GOLD building principles, alternatively fueled shuttle vans, solar and wind energy sources, porous pavement, natural landscaping, and geothermal energy. Green Park DIA can also harness landfill produced methane gas, converting it to natural gas for facility energy needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management