Hilton Hotel Installs Water Recycling System
Hilton Americas-Houston, a 24-story convention hotel in Houston, Texas with over 1200 guest rooms, plans to reduce its carbon emissions by 260 metric tons, according to a report in the Houston Business Journal. The reduction comes courtesy of a new AquaRecycle system for its laundry facility. According to the report, the new system will reduce the hotelâ€™s monthly water usage from 630,000 gallons to 157,000 gallons, a decrease of 75%.
Water will be reused to help the system maintain its ideal operating temperature, reducing the hotelâ€™s demand for natural gas.
Last year, Hilton Americas â€“ Houston became the first hotel in Texas to receive Green Seal certification.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes