Hilton Hotel Installs Water Recycling System
Hilton Americas-Houston, a 24-story convention hotel in Houston, Texas with over 1200 guest rooms, plans to reduce its carbon emissions by 260 metric tons, according to a report in the Houston Business Journal. The reduction comes courtesy of a new AquaRecycle system for its laundry facility. According to the report, the new system will reduce the hotelâ€™s monthly water usage from 630,000 gallons to 157,000 gallons, a decrease of 75%.
Water will be reused to help the system maintain its ideal operating temperature, reducing the hotelâ€™s demand for natural gas.
Last year, Hilton Americas â€“ Houston became the first hotel in Texas to receive Green Seal certification.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works