Hilton Hotel Installs Water Recycling System
Hilton Americas-Houston, a 24-story convention hotel in Houston, Texas with over 1200 guest rooms, plans to reduce its carbon emissions by 260 metric tons, according to a report in the Houston Business Journal. The reduction comes courtesy of a new AquaRecycle system for its laundry facility. According to the report, the new system will reduce the hotelâ€™s monthly water usage from 630,000 gallons to 157,000 gallons, a decrease of 75%.
Water will be reused to help the system maintain its ideal operating temperature, reducing the hotelâ€™s demand for natural gas.
Last year, Hilton Americas â€“ Houston became the first hotel in Texas to receive Green Seal certification.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables