Hilton Hotel Installs Water Recycling System
Hilton Americas-Houston, a 24-story convention hotel in Houston, Texas with over 1200 guest rooms, plans to reduce its carbon emissions by 260 metric tons, according to a report in the Houston Business Journal. The reduction comes courtesy of a new AquaRecycle system for its laundry facility. According to the report, the new system will reduce the hotelâ€™s monthly water usage from 630,000 gallons to 157,000 gallons, a decrease of 75%.
Water will be reused to help the system maintain its ideal operating temperature, reducing the hotelâ€™s demand for natural gas.
Last year, Hilton Americas â€“ Houston became the first hotel in Texas to receive Green Seal certification.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses