Hilton Hotel Installs Water Recycling System
Hilton Americas-Houston, a 24-story convention hotel in Houston, Texas with over 1200 guest rooms, plans to reduce its carbon emissions by 260 metric tons, according to a report in the Houston Business Journal. The reduction comes courtesy of a new AquaRecycle system for its laundry facility. According to the report, the new system will reduce the hotelâs monthly water usage from 630,000 gallons to 157,000 gallons, a decrease of 75%.
Water will be reused to help the system maintain its ideal operating temperature, reducing the hotelâs demand for natural gas.
Last year, Hilton Americas â Houston became the first hotel in Texas to receive Green Seal certification.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor
- Denver Zoo Halts Biomass Project
- New York City Continues to Blaze Building Efficiency Trail with Launch of Its Data-Driven NYC Retrofit Accelerator
- Support Builds for Marrying Printable Electronics and Smart Buildings
- Six Steps to a Winning GRESB Audit
- Mexico Shopping for 2M Smart Meters
- Raleigh, N.C. Finally Getting its LEDs
- Wireless Can Make for a More Energy-Efficient BAS System