ABCE: 6000 Companies Support Clean Energy Bill
American Businesses for Clean Energy (ABCE), representing 6000 U.S. companies, demanded action from the Obama administration and Congress on climate and clean energy legislation. According to an ABCE press release, their list of supporters includes 49 Fortune 500 companies, including Exelon Corporation, FPL Group, National Grid, The Gap, and Warner Music Group.
Christopher Van Atten, spokesperson, ABCE said: “This unprecedented outpouring of business support for real leadership from the White House and U.S. Senate on clean energy and climate should be a wake-up call for elected officials in Washington. Thousands of American businesses are saying that they want action on climate and clean energy … and they want that action now. What unites all of these businesses is a shared agreement on the wisdom of comprehensive clean energy legislation that will create jobs, unleash innovation and make our nation more secure, while cutting greenhouse gas emissions.”
ABCE is an umbrella organization representing U.S. businesses advocating Congressional action on climate and energy legislation.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike